Illogical silence



In the middle of the night,
I search for words that rhyme,
My dictionary tired with time,
My words now, doesn’t even rhyme!

I wonder what has changed,
Me or I, who is to blame,
For the days that passed,
I was still here in Earth,
But my phone never rang!

I am not in hurry,
I promise not to bury,
My innocence in return of my old age,
I am here to cherish, 
The unloved souls that everyday perish,
Yet they long for the love night and day,
I am tired of laughing at their illogical love game!

Love, what do they know of it?
Just a simple “I love you” is that it?
I am insomniac,
But I ain’t a maniac,
I deny following the crowd for the sake of a perfect and happy ending,
I am better off if I am just breathing,
I don't wanna be loved for who I am not,
I am just me,
My age took toll,
but I am free,
my mind, my soul,
all in one piece.

I still search for words that rhyme,
In this cold summer night,
along with the stars that has kept me alive!

.....



Comments

  1. awesome post....loved each and every word :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful :) i can go on reading this again n again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that means a lot to me, thanks for making my day :)

      Delete
  3. First of all, I love the picture. As if it is alive and thinking deep thoughts. sometimes i see more life in statues than in real alive people...
    Thank you for sharing the poem...you have written it in such a deep way...it has moved me in many ways...
    Love is so beautiful yet at the same time filled with so much left to be desired..if it is not true then one cannot fake love for the sake of loving...and if we do so maybe that will be compassion ...not love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really liked these lines "I still search for words that rhyme,
    In this cold summer night,
    along with the stars that has kept me alive!"
    Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts